The Vienna Cup Centenary Dinner is just 10 days away now, and we have some 150 of you already booked for the Gala Event. But we’d love to have as many as possible there to enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity, and to that end we are giving people one last chance to grab a seat.
Tickets can still be purchased for £45, but remember folks, we are selling this event at COST PRICE, and look what you are getting for your money…
- FREE wine reception on arrival.
- 4-course Fillet Steak dinner, taken from the 1st class menu on RMS Titanic.
- The Vienna Cup story, narrated by Belfast actor and playwright Dan Gordon, seen through the eyes of Glentoran player and goalscorer Sammy Napier as he sets off on “The Most Remarkable Of Adventures”.
- Photo opportunities with all 3 pieces of silverware held by Glentoran FC at the time … The Irish Cup (original, courtesy of Irish FA) – The City Cup (now League Cup, courtesy of Cliftonville FC) - and of course The Vienna Cup!
- 10-piece Big Band experience
- The Swing Gals
- … and all taking place in the majestic setting of Great Hall at Belfast City Hall
We can now also confirm that Belfast City Council have kindly agreed to light up Belfast City Hall in Glentoran colours for the night, whilst UTV have confirmed they will be doing an extended feature on the Glens achievements of 1914, and will have cameras recording at the event!
We will also be unveiling the ‘Vienna Cup’ Programme, and announcing the winner of our Vienna Cup Shirt Auction, with the oldest living Glentoran player Bertie Wright, a guest at the Dinner, penning the final signature… just 2 days after his 95th birthday!
So there you have it folks, surely a night not to be missed, give us a shout via firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact a Board member directly if you want to be a part of it …
Le Jeu Avant Tout